Tena DeGraaf is an author and speaker with the mission of inspiring women to grow in faith, hope, and love.
I believe that every single one of us can have the blessing of connecting with God and with others when we share our stories and experiences.
However, there are times when this journey of faith can be a time of testing.
Have you ever felt like…
• You have been called by God to do some exciting task for Him, and doubt plagues your mind?
• You are moving forward experiencing the opportunities God has granted you, and insecurities about your lack of abilities pop up?
• You tell God how grateful you are for the precious family members He has perfectly placed in your life, but you are overwhelmed with worry for each of them regarding their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being?
• You love serving God through the responsibilities He has given you with family, work, and church, but you must deal with constant feelings of being overwhelmed?
• You want to “do it all,” and not miss out on any opportunity to serve God and others, but you must figure out ways to schedule time off to avoid and overcome exhaustion?
• You think you are doing okay, and then you go on social media to see the facade of perfection other women are portraying and begin to believe it’s real?
• You love the Lord and His people, but some days are tear-filled and trying?
• You feel isolated and lonely because you don’t know any other like-minded friends to lift you up when you feel discouraged in your Christian walk?
If so, you are NOT alone! I know most of us have felt like this at some point or another.
Here’s the truth…
Being a Christian woman and journeying through life is like traveling on an unknown road… you can feel alone, you can feel frightened, there are peaks of excitement and valleys of despair, you are smiling on the outside, but on the inside you are sometimes plagued with worry, doubt, and overwhelm. You don’t know what’s around the bend, but all the while you truly feel blessed and thankful that God is the navigator of your life. I think we all feel like this at some point.
We have to stay focused on the Lord and His Word, learn as much as we can about who He is and what He wants us each to accomplish, get inspired to do our best to love Him and His people, build a group of like-minded friends, and press on in faith, hope, and love.
“And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
1 Corinthians 13:13
HOW CAN I HELP?
I am here to help you grow in faith, hope, and love through this journey of life. Here are the kind of resources you can find here:
* Blog: I write and publish regular content on my blog, including videos that tell the story behind the blog, personal heart-felt stories, interviews with Christian women leaders, and lists of prayers and verses to pray over and more. Read the latest here:
* Speaking: Experiences in life have introduced me to different denominations in the Christian faith bringing a broader perspective to my ministry. I am ever mindful of my audience and therefore tailor the content of each talk to the needs of the attendees. Meeting new friends when I speak and connecting with them is something I absolutely love! Here is a list of my most popular workshops with a brief description:
* Video: Finding affordable, quality speakers is a challenge. I would love to share my 14 years of speaking experience with your group! The video of Hidden in My Heart discusses finding genuine peace and hope as a mother. Also, learn that the source of these blessings is found in the Word of God. Plus get practical tips on how to focus on a verse of Scripture as you go about your day taking care of yourself and your family. Includes: 31 minute video, Discussion questions, and a Fill-in-the-blank handout Here is the link:
* Books: As a author, I design useful books for busy women who desire to grow in faith, hope, and love. Each page in my devotionals contain calendar dates, helpful Biblical quotes, and a journaling space to record thoughts and personal reflections. To learn more check out:
* Facebook page: My Facebook page-Tena DeGraaf-Author & Speaker is where you can get inspirational quotes and pictures throughout the day. Check out the page here:
* Moms’ & Women’s Ministry Leaders Group: This is an online community where you can mingle with like-minded women leaders from around the world and get the support you need to best serve the women in your sphere of influence. Each Sunday I post a prayer I am praying for each of the leaders in this group. Find out more about this group here:
* Free Resources: I have put together several lists of prayers and verses for you to grow in your walk with the Lord. You can access them for free by signing up for the blog.
Here is the link:
* Free Gifts: Each month, I do a drawing in which participants can win free products from the website. Your name is entered into the drawing when you sign up for the blog and again when you like the FB page-Tena DeGraaf-Author & Speaker. Your name stays in the drawing until you win.
*Testimonials: “We love having Tena come and speak to our MOPS group! Tena encourages our moms with her wisdom, heartfelt stories, as well as treasures from God’s Word. You will be richly blessed!”
Erin Witcofski, former co-coordinator Minooka Bible Church MOPS
“I feel so blessed to have had you speak to our MOPS group this morning! Thank you for sharing your stories and your message about the power of praise! I enjoyed every minute of your presentation! You are surely using the gifts God gave you!!!” Nicole Jakubowski, Crossroads MOPS
“Hi Tena! Awesome discussion today…Thank you for sharing your wisdom with our moms.” Pamela
“I just wanted to let you know how thoroughly I enjoyed your message…I got that paper you handed out and read and re-read and read again Isaiah 41:10” Carla
Me, my son, Mitch, and my husband, Steve
My daughter, Casey, and my son, Daniel
My Grandbud, Ben
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I start each day with cup of herbal tea such as Echinacea, peppermint, or ginger. Some evenings I drink chamomile tea. Oh! I add a bit of local honey with each cup.
2. I am a HUGE fan of Masterpiece Theater! Poldark, Call the Midwife, and Father Brown are my favorites.
3. I love milk chocolate the best. However, I can choke down dark chocolate when in a pinch.
4. I can read several genres at the same time. Currently, I am reading Jeremy Poldark, Book 3 of Winston Graham’s 12 book Poldark series (I absolutely love his writing!), The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less by Richard Koch, and Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
5. I enjoy being by the water. On a boat on a lake or dipping my toes in the ocean are my favorites. I am in awe of God’s handwork.
6. I am NOT a pet lover. They are cute when someone else is taking care of them.
7. I have the travel bug. After a trip to Ireland, Wales, and England, I decided I must do more of this. Bucket list-Cornwall, England.
8. I enjoy of a variety of music genres. Of course, Christian music is my favorite, but I sometimes listen to instrumental classical (think Bach), country, and rock (which I grew up on).
9. I am inspired by nature particularly flowers. Tulips and peonies are my favorites.
10. I have loved the color pink my entire life.
11. I so enjoy restorative yoga. Oh, my goodness! I sleep so soundly after this form of yoga.