Health and Wellness 2016 Part One
I hope you enjoyed your holidays! I am so looking forward to seeing what 2016 brings! Each January prompts many people to make resolutions and goals for the upcoming year. In honor of New Year’s resolutions and intentions, I will be doing a series on the blog entitled, “Health and Wellness 2016.” For the next four weeks, each Monday I will be focusing on a different area of our lives and asking a few thought provoking questions to think about. My intention for all of us (myself included) is to see if one of the questions applies to our lives and needs to be looked at a bit more closely. Hopefully, we all can use these questions to start a new habit or tweak a habit that is already in place.
Wishing you a happy and healthy new year!
This week we will be focusing on our spiritual lives.
My spiritual life- Am I
• Rightly related to Christ? (John 3:16)- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
• Spending time each day seeking God through prayer? (Philippians 4:6-7)- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
• Seeking the Holy Scriptures for guidance? (Psalm 119:105)- Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
• Putting my hope in God? (1 Peter 3:5)- For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves.
• Fearing the LORD? (Proverbs 31:30)- Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
• Growing in wisdom? (Ecclesiastes 8:1)- Who is like the wise? Who knows the explanation of things? A person’s wisdom brightens their face and changes its hard appearance.
Lord, thank you that you care about every area of our lives. Amen.