Health and Wellness 2016 Part Three
Welcome back! Each January prompts many people to make resolutions and goals for the upcoming year. In honor of New Year’s resolutions and intentions, I am doing a series on the blog entitled, “Health and Wellness 2016.” We are on week three of a four part series. Each Monday I will be focusing on a different area of our lives and asking a few thought provoking questions to consider. My intention for all of us (myself included) is to see if one of the questions applies to our lives and needs to be looked at a bit more closely. Hopefully, we all can use these questions to start a new habit or tweak a habit that is already in place.
Wishing you a happy and healthy new year!
This week we will be focusing on our physical lives.
My physical life- Am I
• Taking care of the body (temple) God has given me? (1 Corinthians 3:16)- Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?
• Eating healthy meals? (1 Corinthians 10:31)- So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
• Exercising daily? (1 Timothy 4:8)- For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
• Exposing myself to sunlight each day? (Ecclesiastes 11:7)- Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun.
• Sleeping peacefully each night? (Psalm 4:8)- In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety.
• Working diligently? (Proverbs 31:17)-She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
Lord, thank you that you care about every area of our lives. Amen.
One thought on “Health and Wellness 2016 Part Three”
Good reminder. Glad you back it up with scripture. When I read the one about exercise, I remember that in that day and age, walking was the main mode of transportation plus squatting was standard practice. They got much their exercise from everyday living. Paul mentioned running the race in order to win.