Ten Things the Bible Says About Fearing God
In today’s unreliable and ever-changing methods, we can obtain clear direction from the Word. Through the Holy Scriptures, we can receive guidance and counsel. By following His commands, we can navigate and have a roadmap for the path of life. So how do we ensure we are on the right path? How do make sure that our feet are not going in the wrong direction? How do we make certain we do not lose our way? It begins with fearing God. If we don’t fear the Lord, then we don’t have a firm foundation to make wise choices. Many people think they can become wise by acquiring more knowledge through study. They believe they can skip this important step of acknowledging Almighty God as the source of all wisdom. Fearing the Him means to honor, respect, and revere the Lord and His Holy Word. Being in awe of the Savior affects our actions and attitudes. The journey of seeking wisdom begins with fearing God. Here are ten verses that focus on fearing Him.
- Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you. 1 Samuel 12:24
2. My flesh trembles for fear of you,
and I am afraid of your judgments. Psalm 119:120
3. All these things my hand has made,
and so all these things came to be,
declares the Lord.
But this is the one to whom I will look:
he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word. Isaiah 66:2
4. But the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him,
in those who hope in his steadfast love. Psalm 147:11
5. And he will be the stability of your times,
abundance of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is Zion’s treasure. Isaiah 33:6
6. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;
fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7
7. Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding. Job 28:28
8. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
all those who practice it have a good understanding.
His praise endures forever! Psalm 111:10
9. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight. Proverbs 9:10
10. The fear of man lays a snare,
but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe. Proverbs 29:25
Father God, all wisdom, understanding, and counsel come from You. Help us to fear and honor You each moment of our lives. Amen.